TALON XT PRO is a highly palatable, effective and versatile single feed rodenticide for professionals. TALON XT PRO incorporates the potent active ingredient brodifacoum in a resilient cast block, controlling resistant rodent populations and delivering exceptional results, every time.
• Single feed formulation
• Highly palatable, highly durable formulation
• HACCP certified
• Requires less bait and less labour than most rodenticides
• Clean and easy to use
• High integrity block
• Kills rodents that are resistant to other rodenticides
Effective rodent control
With the onset of cooler autumn temperatures, many pest problems take a break until next spring. However, other pest problems like rats and mice move indoors instead.
Placing a little more bait or a few extra traps when doing the job will not necessarily meet your customers’ expectations for rodent control. Help your customers minimize rodent problems by teaching them to take the following precautions around their homes or businesses:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the structure to help prevent rodents from getting inside. Check areas where utilities and pipes enter the structure. A mouse can fit through a hole the size of a 5 cent coin, and a rat can enter through a 20 cent hole.
- Store firewood at least 10 m away from the building. Mice can make their nests in wood piles and easily gain access to the structure if the pile is nearby. Never stack firewood or other building materials next to the structure.
- Keep storage areas well organised, and store boxes and other supplies off of the floor. Clutter in closets and storage areas provide ideal nesting sites for rats and mice.
- Repair damaged screens in windows, fix weather stripping around doors and install door sweeps.
- Place bait stations and traps along walls as near to the areas of rodent activity as possible.
Inspect your accounts carefully and look for signs of rodent activity such as droppings, rub marks, urine stains and gnaw marks in warm, dark or quiet areas. Move bait stations and traps along walls or other visible runways as near to the areas of rodent activity as possible. During the winter, you may be able to improve trap catches by using nesting materials such as string, fabric or cotton balls instead of food baits.
When baiting outdoors where bait stations are exposed to damp winter weather, use a wax based bait, such as TALON XT Pro from Syngenta. TALON is formulated to withstand cool, damp conditions without losing efficacy or palatability.
Use these guidelines to be prepared when cold, damp weather arrives and help prevent rodent control failures. Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when setting up bait stations:
- Lift bait off the floor of the bait station to avoid dampness, but make sure it still stays attached. Horizontal rods within bait stations can help solve this challenge.
- Keep the bait station clean. Carry a small broom and container to place waste material, and do not mix it with fresh rodenticide.
- Tap on the bait station before entering and open it slowly – you don’t want a rat to jump out at you.
- Keep accurate data on each bait station to help predict when and where to increase rodent management efforts. Even residential customers appreciate this step.