Please Note: 20L Drums are too heavy for Post Office deliveries. This item will be sent via courier. Please provide the best street address and contact phone number to avoid unnecessary delays.
Couriers for NT WA & TAS is as per quote ONLY! Please request a total to avoid delays.
Please notify us if Couriers do not service your area.
WSD ALBENDAZOLE is a broad spectrum treatment for internal parasites of sheep, lambs and goats- treating roundworms, tapeworms and liver fluke.
Type of Preparation WSD ALBENDAZOLE is a suspension for oral use as a drench containing 19g/L albendazole- a benzimidazole (BZ). Products containing BZ compounds are commonly known as a ‘white drench’. Indications Sheep, Lambs and Goats: Mature and immature gastrointestinal worms known to be sensitive to albendazole or other BZ compounds:
Barber's pole worm (Haemonchus contortus), stomach hair worm (Trichostrongylus axei), black scour worm (Trichostrongylus spp), small brown stomach worm (Ostertagia spp), small intestinal worm (Cooperia spp), thin necked intestinal worm (Nematodirus spp) hookworm (Bunostomum trigonocephalum), nodule worm (Oesophagostomum columbianum), large bowel worm (Oesophagostomum venulosum), large mouthed bowel worm (Chabertia ovina), large lung worm (Dictyocaulus filaria) and tapeworms (Moniezia spp). Albendazole is also effective against adult liver fluke (Fasciola hepatica) and in reducing the output of viable worm and fluke eggs.
Milking Sheep: Do NOT use in sheep or goats producing milk for human consumption Dosage Always refer to the label. BZ’s generally have low toxicity but to avoid residue problems, it is good practice to separate into different weight classes if there is a large variation in age and weight.
Dose at the rate of 1ml per 5kg body weight for the control of roundworms. The dose rate should be increased to 1ml per 4kg to treat adult liver fluke. It is preferable if sheep and lambs are fasted for approximately 18 hours before administering BZ drenches. Advice On Use
• WSD ALBENDAZOLE is particularly useful in removing heads and segments of tapeworms, for removing adult liver fluke, in treating the effects of immature worm infestations (mainly scouring) in adult sheep and as a clean-up drench for sheep or lambs.
• For the control of liver fluke, WSD ALBENDAZOLE should be used when there are few immature fluke present as a result of low pickup levels, including when sheep or goats are not currently grazing affected areas.
• Adult worms of resistant strains of gastrointestinal worm parasites may not be removed by treatment and this may require the later use of an effective strategic treatment from the WSD range of drenches
• Resistance to the BZ group of parasiticides is widespread among gastrointestinal parasites on Australian sheep and goat farms.
• The repeated use of any drench is likely to result in the emergence of resistance and therefore, regular testing for efficacy is recommended if BZ’s are used.