WSD CLOSANTEL is a narrow spectrum treatment for internal parasites of sheep and lambs with sustained action against re-infestation by Haemonchus contortus (barbers pole worm), and activity against Fasciola hepatica (liver fluke).
WSD CLOSANTEL is a clear solution for oral use as a drench containing 37.5g/L closantel – a member of the salicylanilide and substituted phenol group of compounds. Indications Sheep and Lambs: Haemonchus contortus (barber's pole worm), Fasciola hepatica (liver fluke) from 6 weeks, and Oestrus ovis (nasal bot). Closantel provides sustained protection against the re-infestation by both mature and immature stages of barber's pole worm in sheep for 4 weeks after dosing. Closantel controls both mature and immature stages of liver fluke as well as all stages of nasal bots.
Milking Sheep: Do NOT use in sheep producing milk for human consumption Dosage Always refer to the label. Separate into different weight classes if there is a large variation in age and weight. Dose at the rate of 1ml per 5kg body weight. Advice On Use
• WSD CLOSANTEL is particularly useful if administered in spring before the rise in Haemonchus parasites in the sheep or survival of larvae on pastures. • Administration in spring is also useful in removing residual liver fluke. infestations, and managing the contamination and early pickup of the liver fluke in affected areas. This provides a useful alternative to WSD triclabendazole products.
• When treating an outbreak of haemonchosis (barbers pole infestation), consideration should be given to using an alternative drench from the WSD range, particularly WSD LEVAMISOLE or WSD COMBINATION.
• WSD CLOSANTEL is particularly effective when combined with management strategies to control haemonchosis including rotation and spelling of paddocks. • Closantel is NOT effective against the other major gastrointestinal worm parasites. • Resistance to closantel is widespread among barbers pole worm (Haemonchus) in some sheep-raising districts.
• The repeated use of any drench is likely to result in the emergence of resistance and therefore, regular testing for efficacy is recommended if closantel is used.
• The emergence of resistance on an individual farm is likely to result in the failure of closantel to provide extended protection against re-infestation by Haemonchus
Please Note: 20L Drums are too heavy for Post Office deliveries. This item will be sent via courier. Please provide the best street address and contact phone number to avoid unnecessary delays.
Couriers for NT WA & TAS is as per quote ONLY! Please request a total to avoid delays.
Please notify us if Couriers do not service your area.