Levamisole Oral Anthelmintic contains Levamisole Hydrochloride 32g/L (equivalent to 27 g/L Levamisole), a member of the levamisole family of drenches.
It is effective for the control of levamisole sensitive gastrointestinal roundworms and lungworms including those that are resistant to benzimidazoles.
Active Ingredient: Levamisole @ 27.5g/L
Equivalent to: Nilverm Oral Drench (Coopers), Big L (Sykes) & Levamisole (4 Farmers)
A broad spectrum treatment for roundworm parasites of sheep and cattle. Type of Preparation WSD LEVAMISOLE is a solution for oral use as a drench containing 27.5g/L levamisole- an imidazothiazole compound. It is commonly known as a ‘clear drench’. Indications Cattle, Sheep, Lambs and Goats:
Mature and immature stages of worm parasites susceptible to levamisole: Barber's pole worm (Haemonchus spp), stomach hair worm (Trichostrongylus axei), black scour worms (Trichostrongylus spp), small brown stomach worm (Ostertagia spp), small intestinal worm (Cooperia spp), thin necked intestinal worm (Nematodirus spp) hookworm (Bunostomum trigonocephalum), intestinal threadworm (Strongyloides spp), large bowel and nodule worms (Oesophagostomum spp), large mouthed bowel worm (Chabertia ovina), and large lung worm (Dictyocaulus spp).
Dairy Cattle & Milking Sheep: Do NOT use in cattle or sheep producing milk for human consumption Dosage Always refer to the label. Separate into different weight classes if there is a large variation in age and weight. Levamisole may be toxic. It is recommended that sheep or cattle should NOT be fasted before the administration of any drench containing levamisole. Sheep and lambs: Dose at the rate of 1ml per 4kg body weight. Cattle: Dose at the rate of 10ml per 45kg body weight Advice On Use Cattle:
• WSD LEVAMISOLE is a reliable broad-spectrum oral drench for cattle of all ages. • It is often best administered to adult cattle with a drenching hook. Sheep:
• WSD LEVAMISOLE is a broad-spectrum treatment which is highly effective against mature and immature worms of susceptible strains of sheep parasites.
• It is highly effective against and can be used to treat infestations by barbers pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) and thin-necked intestinal worm (Nematodirus spp).
• The use of WSD Levamisole may be indicated in strategic programs to reduce contamination of pastures when testing has shown it to be effective against other local worm parasites. It is advisable to test efficacy before relying on levamisole as a strategic treatment. • Adult worms of resistant strains of gastrointestinal worm parasites of sheep may not be removed by treatment and this may require the later use of an effective strategic treatment from the WSD range of drenches. • Levamisole is not effective against tapeworms. • Resistance to levamisole is widespread among some species of gastrointestinal parasites on Australian sheep farms. • The repeated use of any drench is likely to result in the emergence of resistance and therefore, regular testing for efficacy is recommended.
Pack Sizes: 1L, 5L & 20L
Sheep: 2.5mL per 10kg Liveweight
Cattle: 10mL per 45kg Liveweight
|Under 45 kg||10 mL||Under 10 kg||2.5 mL|
|46-90 kg||20 mL||11-15 kg||3.75 mL|
|91-180 kg||40 mL||16-20 kg||5.0 mL|
|181-270 kg||60 mL||21-30 kg||7.5 mL|
|271-360 kg||80 mL||31-40 kg||10.0 mL|
|361-450 kg||100 mL||41-50 kg||12.5 mL|
|451-540 kg||120 mL||51-60 kg||15.0 mL|
|541-630 kg||140 mL||61-70 kg||17.5 mL|
|631-720 kg||160 mL||71-75 kg||18.75 mL|
- Dose rates to be based on heaviest animals in each group.
- A representative sample of the animals should be weighed before treatment, either with scales or a weight band.
- It is extremely important not to underdose.
- Where there is a large variation in the size of the animals within the group, drafting into two or more lines, may be necessary to avoid excessive overdosing.
Please Note: 20L Drums are too heavy for Post Office deliveries. This item will be sent via courier. Please provide the best street address and contact phone number to avoid unnecessary delays.
Couriers for NT WA & TAS is as per quote ONLY! Please request a total to avoid delays.
Please notify us if Couriers do not service your area.